DDY Talk

Thursday's Performance

Ron

Hey Ron,

It's all good. I respect everyone's personal choice of who they voted for and your "vote for Hal" message was totally fine. I have always felt free to express my opinion here and I still do. Thank you for that.

I definately can appreciate why many Dennis fans would want to vote for Hal. Not a problem for me at all. As you mentioned it would have been good for Dennis if Hal had gone all the way. Celebrity Duets was fun while it lasted but after all it's just a TV show and I don't want to lose any forum friends over it.

Thanks.

Mark

Mark,

I seriously doubt that you will lose any forum friends over you opinion. I have found that the people that contribute to this great forum are mature adults and for the most part, intelligent. I agree that Alfonso was the best singer. But, Hal did connect with most DDY fans because he was definitely the "dark horse" candidiate. This probably reminded some DDY fans of the "Sparky the Flying Dog" theme. Knowing that Alfonso was the best singer did not keep me from voting for Hal. I just dug the way he clicked with Dennis and his anti-establishment banter with David Foster (which was all in fun). Dennis , in my opinion, has scored big despite Hal Sparks not finishing first. In fact, I am hoping that the American public has re-discovered Dennis DeYoung!

Mark-

Everyone here has an opinion and is free to express it. This certainly is not a one-sided forum. "Agreeing to disagree" from politics to reality tv shows is accepted. I just wanted to express my opinion on why I did what I did when you showed concern. I understood your opinion and respect it.

I certainly hve no problem with differences of opinion here. I believe I said myself here before that I thought Alfonso would win. I think this was a wonderful opportunity for Dennis. I also think Hal's comments on his own site, as well as some others, shows a lot of class.

Was wonderful to see their interactions. Of the three performances together, I actually liked CSA the least, Mr. Roboto best, and Lady a close second.

I enjoy the fact that everyone here is adult, and that we all converse and accept differing opinions with respect.

Liz

Coupla of things about these types of shows, and this show. I think, most of the time, people voting end up choosing the right person. Hal had performed with other people, less successfully in my opinion, besides Dennis, and his only other performance that was considered good was the one with Wynona. What I found interesting about that is that both Wynona and Dennis have this amazing ability, because of their unique (and truly great) voices, to make anyone they sing with sound better. On top of that there was the sheer energy and wonderful staging of all three performances Dennis did with Hal.

As enjoyable as Hal was, and with both Dennis and Wynona bringing him to way above his actual level, I can see why he did not win. And it had nothing to do with Dennis.

Most of the time, on these voting-type talent shows, the most talented performer is usually voted the winner. Jai was the best singer, but Alfonso was definitely second-best and he did deservingly win.

As to Dennis. This was nothing short of spectacular for his career. Granted the show was not highly rated, but he got huge exposure anyway. And the people who produced this program are big-time movers and shakers (currently) in both TV and the music industry.

This could be nothing but good for him and he, along with the other really big-name talents who appeared as guest artists, most certainly knew this.

Edited by ladybugking