DDY Talk

100 Years first single?

TimH

Ron or anyone -

Do you know what the first single release off 100 Years will be? Will it be the title track? If so, when will it be released and to what stations? I would think since we are only about 3 weeks from the release date that we'd have single information - in fact singles are often released ahead of albums. I think we should call the appropriate radio stations and request the single, but I don't know which stations to call and what song to request! AC, top 40, or Rock stations?

Thanks

I dont know anything about the music business, but unless there is a song on there that just knocks thier socks off, they wont do much to promote the album... Dennis is a nostalgia artist to the industry. They know what he already has, a base of mostly 35+ folks who will buy his work because we are familiar with him, and his style and like it...

I'd love to see them go all out to promote, but I would be surprised... But who knows, I havent heard the whole work in its entirerty... So I dont know enough to say if I would promote it .... /shrug

Since DDY has said that they plan to promote this album, I would think that they would release a single of some sort. I could be wrong but I think that the cost of releasing a single would be cheaper then other forms of promotion. Plus getting radio play is one of the best ways to get something out there. The fact that they agreed to release the album on their label shows promise for an artist like DDY in this stage of his career.

• 3 weeks later...

Talked to a friend of mine who is a radio jock in New England area this past Thursday. He told me he received an email the previous Friday in regards to the release of 100 Years the album and that "This Time Next Year" was going to be the first single.

Talked to a friend of mine who is a radio jock in New England area this past Thursday. He told me he received an email the previous Friday in regards to the release of 100 Years the album and that "This Time Next Year" was going to be the first single.

What type of station does he work for? I wonder if they are going for AC adds or Rock adds? Talk about being under the radio. Heck, what type of station should we call to even request it?

Dennis said in one of the interviews, I think it was Allan's on Styxcollector, that "This Time Next Year" IS the first single. However, if the song plays in a wasteland (radio) will anyone ever hear it? :(

Krauss and Plant had a video to go with their single. Will DDY?

Lots of questions, but, so far, not many answers.

My only quarrel is this album is SO much more deserving of attention that it is not presently getting. It is too good a work to just fade away. But I may be too premature on judging how this recording will make its way onto people's radar screens.