DDY Talk

Six? Five? Four? Three? Degrees of Dennis?

ladybugking

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can't come up with answers to any of those other than Christopher Cross won a bunch of Grammy's or something the year Babe would have been up as well? Heck, I am not sure.

I do have one and I think it is kind of cool. Bette Midler.

I bet our trivia buffs know this one!

I can't come up with answers to any of those other than Christopher Cross won a bunch of Grammy's  or something the year Babe would have been up as well?  Heck, I am not sure.

I do have one and I think it is kind of cool.  Bette Midler. 

I bet our trivia buffs know this one!

They were one year apart for the Grammy nods. The connection was kind of hard to get....

Christopher Cross was a co-writer of Arthur's Theme from the movie Arthur...which starred Liza Minnelli...who worked with Dennis (as mentioned earlier today).

As for Bette Midler..de plane! De plane. The plane used in the movie The Rose was the one Styx used as it's private plane back in their heyday.

They were one year apart for the Grammy nods. The connection was kind of hard to get....

Christopher Cross was a co-writer of Arthur's Theme from the movie Arthur...which starred Liza Minnelli...who worked with Dennis (as mentioned earlier today).

As for Bette Midler..de plane! De plane. The plane used in the movie The Rose was the one Styx used as it's private plane back in their heyday.

See, learn somethin' new every day! I'd never heard that tidbit before. And I'd have never gotten the CCross connection.

And, Ron, you have a very smart wife. R D Anderson is a fave of mine as well! As a matter of fact you are responsible for me making this DDY <=> RDA connection.

Terri

See, learn somethin' new every day! I'd never heard that tidbit before. And I'd have never gotten the CCross connection.

And, Ron, you have a very smart wife. R D Anderson is a fave of mine as well! As a matter of fact you are responsible for me making this DDY <=> RDA connection.

Terri

Okay...I'm gonna have to work on what the connection is between the two....

General Hospital to....hmmmm

You are correct, Madame!!!

A bit of additional comment on De Plane. Dennis was talking about all the perks back when he was a rock superstar on this Jacksonville Rock 105 interview. One of the things he mentioned was, of course, the private plane. Them wuz tha' days, no???

General Hospital to Rick Springfield to RCA records to Wooden Nickel???

I have no clue.

Ron

OK, you lost me. How did General Hospital get in the mix???

Ron, I'm surprised you've not gotten this one. I'll spill it tomorrow if no one gets it!

Terri

Ron, I'm surprised you've not gotten this one. I'll spill it tomorrow if no one gets it!

Terri

Honestly if I had to watch General Hospital they would have to put me in the hospital! I can't stand soaps. My wife loves them, however, and kicks me out of the room when she watches them because I sit there and kibits asking who is sleeping with whom and who is cheating while their best friend got their wife pregnant etc. etc.... I'm quite annoying with thism especially if you are a fan of such programming. There are very few names I recognize of people that had their start in soaps and moved on to other things, and I usually don't know that they were on a soap.

I only watch other mindless programming like "Simpsons" "South Park" and "Blue Collar TV" and grew up on such thought provoking shows like "ALF".

(btw I do know that the girl that played the daughter Lynne on ALF went on to a soap afterwards, but I don't know which one or for how long without looking at IMDB.com)

Ron

And, Ron, you have a very smart wife. R D Anderson is a fave of mine as well! As a matter of fact you are responsible for me making this DDY RDA connection.

Terri

My wife says the General Hospital connection is (probably) through John Stamos, but I can't take it from there, unless there is a Dennis/Beach Boys connection???

Ron