DDY Talk

Changes

Ron

There has been a lot of discussion about the recent changes to Dennis' set list, and changes with band personnel. The big question always seems to be "Why?"

Several of you have asked me my opinion of these changes. I have given it a lot of thought to best describe the changes:

Since Dennis has been touring solo in the past (almost) 10 years, he has made various changes to his show to help keep it fresh and new, as opposed to the "same old, same old" that others seem to do.

Dennis has done his rock show, symphonic shows, lost treasures, new material, and accoustic shows. Now it looks like he's doing a "Best of Styx" show.

Hank is touring with "Dalmatians", and Tommy doesn't sing, so personnel changes were needed to perform this new show.

I totally agree Ron. One thing we know about Dennis is he is not content with the status quo. He has always been up for changes in music style and how the Styx shows were presented.

I see him jumpstarting the live show a bit and good for him. His former group has been making a good living off of much of the music he wrote, or had the inspiration to add his input into what had already been written. (Renegade comes to mind. Completely different song after Dennis rocked it up. Tommy even admitted this yet again a short time ago on that ESPN show about the song, tho' he didn't credit Dennis by name.) Time for a bit of payback from Dennis and those were legitimate hits with the band, as well as favorites at live shows.

Good for him to keep this train a'rollin' as he likes to say. I hope he continues to do well with the live show. I want another shot at seeing him live, preferably the acoustic show, but I would love to see this new rock lineup as well.

I totally agree Ron. One thing we know about Dennis is he is not content with the status quo. He has always been up for changes in music style and how the Styx shows were presented.

I see him jumpstarting the live show a bit and good for him. His former group has been making a good living off of much of the music he wrote, or had the inspiration to add his input into what had already been written. (Renegade comes to mind. Completely different song after Dennis rocked it up. Tommy even admitted this yet again a short time ago on that ESPN show about the song, tho' he didn't credit Dennis by name.) Time for a bit of payback from Dennis and those were legitimate hits with the band, as well as favorites at live shows.

Good for him to keep this train a'rollin' as he likes to say. I hope he continues to do well with the live show. I want another shot at seeing him live, preferably the acoustic show, but I would love to see this new rock lineup as well.

Love the new changes, but HATE that SHOW ME THE WAY is now out of the set list! How can Light Up stay and Show Me The Way be removed?

Did you know that Show Me The Way was the LONGEST charting Styx song ever? It was on the top 100 for 23 weeks and on the Adult Contemporary charts for an amazing 31 weeks. On both charts it peaked at #3. I am very disappointed that it has been removed and hope that Dennis puts it back in - the full version (not the acapella version). Anyway to request him to put it back in?

I tend to think the set list is not set in stone.

I have been to many shows where Castle Walls was dropped and Pieces of Eight were added or both mixed into the set.

I was blown away in Atlantic City to hear Rain live.

The set lists we saw over the past couple of gigs did not have any 100yfn material on them.

Heck, even Desert Moon is missing!

I am sure that will all change.

Also remember, Suzannes sister used to be part of the band, and John is not the first keyboard player.

Busch Gardens set list as posted by Scott

Grand Illusion

Lady

Lorelei

Don't Let It End

Light Up

Blue Collar Man *

Desert Moon

Suite Madame Blue

Mr. Roboto

Rockin' the Paradise

Babe

Renegade *

Best of Times/AD 1958/And in the End (Beatles)

Come Sail Away