DDY Talk

Roboto Mask

Shaggee

My sister made me a Roboto mask of clay for my birthday. She isn't quite done, but here is a pic of it. It is bigger than the size of a record album!! Needs to be tweeked a bit, dried, painted and glazed.

post-72-1238300557_thumb.jpg

My sister made me a Roboto mask of clay for my birthday. She isn't quite done, but here is a pic of it. It is bigger than the size of a record album!! Needs to be tweeked a bit, dried, painted and glazed.

post-72-1238300557_thumb.jpg

That's pretty cool! I wished they would have made promotional masks for fans to purchase back in the day. I think that people would have bought them. I know I would have!

That's pretty cool! I wished they would have made promotional masks for fans to purchase back in the day. I think that people would have bought them. I know I would have!

I would, too. Considering the original masks (about a dozen, with I think only 2 having lights) are probably the rarest Styx memorabilia that you could have.

If there could be a way to make some sort of wall hanging from the original mold (mold it, then have the back trimmed to be a 3-D kind of display, that could be matted on something--I don't know just a guess) I'm sure there would be plenty of buyers, even if it carried a price tag of $100 or so.

The big question would be who actually "owns" the rights to the Roboto character, if anything could be done.

I would, too. Considering the original masks (about a dozen, with I think only 2 having lights) are probably the rarest Styx memorabilia that you could have.

If there could be a way to make some sort of wall hanging from the original mold (mold it, then have the back trimmed to be a 3-D kind of display, that could be matted on something--I don't know just a guess) I'm sure there would be plenty of buyers, even if it carried a price tag of $100 or so.

The big question would be who actually "owns" the rights to the Roboto character, if anything could be done.

According to the US patents office, that would be one Dennis and Suzanne...

MR. ROBOTO

Goods and Services IC 009. US 021 023 026 036 038. G & S: Blank CD-ROMs for sound or video recording; CD cases; Downloadable films and tv programs provided via a video-on-demand; Downloadable video recordings featuring music videos; DVD cases; Motion picture films about music; Multimedia software recorded on CD-ROM featuring music and movies; Pre-recorded CD's, video tapes, laser disks and DVD's featuring music and movies. FIRST USE: 20070710. FIRST USE IN COMMERCE: 20070710

IC 025. US 022 039. G & S: Coats for men and women; Denim jackets; Golf shirts; Hats; Pants; Polo shirts; Short-sleeved or long-sleeved t-shirts; Small hats. FIRST USE: 20070710. FIRST USE IN COMMERCE: 20070710

IC 041. US 100 101 107. G & S: Children's entertainment and amusement centers, namely, interactive play areas; Composition of music for others; Direction or presentation of plays; Entertainment in the nature of visual and audio performances, and musical, variety, news and comedy shows; Entertainment in the nature of visual and audio performances, namely, musical band, rock group, gymnastic, dance, and ballet performances; Entertainment in the nature of producing plays and musicals; Entertainment namely, live performances by a musical band; Entertainment namely, production of plays and musicals; Entertainment services, namely, providing prerecorded music, information in the field of music, and commentary and articles about music, all on-line via a global computer network; Entertainment, namely live music concerts; Entertainment, namely live performances by musical bands; Music composition for others; Planning arrangement of showing movies, shows, plays or musical performances; Presentation of musical performance; Providing facilities for movies, shows, plays, music or educational training. FIRST USE: 20070710. FIRST USE IN COMMERCE: 20070710

Standard Characters Claimed

Mark Drawing Code (4) STANDARD CHARACTER MARK

Trademark Search Facility Classification Code LETS-2 MR Two letters or combinations of multiples of two letters

NOTATION-SYMBOLS Notation Symbols such as Non-Latin characters,punctuation and mathematical signs,zodiac signs,prescription marks

Serial Number 78729286

Filing Date October 7, 2005

Current Filing Basis 1A

Original Filing Basis 1B

Published for Opposition October 24, 2006

Registration Number 3331575

Registration Date November 6, 2007

Owner (REGISTRANT) Dennis DeYoung and Suzanne DeYoung Partnership, The Dennis DeYoung (United States) and Suzanne DeYoung (United States) PARTNERSHIP ILLINOIS 15941 S. Harlem Ave., Suite 268 Tinley Park ILLINOIS 60477

Attorney of Record Justin Lampel

Type of Mark TRADEMARK. SERVICE MARK

Register PRINCIPAL

Live/Dead Indicator LIVE

Children's entertainment and amusement centers, namely, interactive play areas

A Roboto-themed Chuck E. Cheese?

Entertainment in the nature of visual and audio performances, namely, {...} gymnastic, dance, and ballet performances;

Boy could that be interesting =))

UMMM I not going to sell it and I really don't think my sister wants to make another anytime soon.. Whats with the copyright info, she didn't do anything wrong did she???

UMMM I not going to sell it and I really don't think my sister wants to make another anytime soon.. Whats with the copyright info, she didn't do anything wrong did she???

No, you're fine, and I think your sister did a GREAT job. It looks wonderful.

I just wasn't sure if Dennis owned the copyright for Roboto, or if it was held by him and his former bandmates. The rest of my message was just a suggestion to the person that owns and has possession of the original Roboto mask mold for a collectible item that could be sold, if feasible.

No, you're fine, and I think your sister did a GREAT job. It looks wonderful.

I just wasn't sure if Dennis owned the copyright for Roboto, or if it was held by him and his former bandmates. The rest of my message was just a suggestion to the person that owns and has possession of the original Roboto mask mold for a collectible item that could be sold, if feasible.

If I remember correctly the liner notes in the KWH album stated that the mask and I think Roboto costumes were a trademark of Buddies, who ever that is. I think Stan Lee designed the mask? Don't ask me how I remember these details!