DDY Talk

Halifax Show, June 13th

mtlfan

What can I say about the Halifax show? Well, the weather certainly wasn't cooperating that day. I think it was my fault because I accidentally packed two sets of sunglasses in my suitcase and it was too much for those mischievous rain gods to ignore!

The local radio station stuffed them with lobster dinners before the concert. :-)

Dennis's voice was spot on. He held the note in SMB for what seemed to me to be loooooonger than usual. The crowd loved it. He let the hullabaloo die down before continuing.

There were a couple of new jokes in his repertoire, a couple specific to the Maritimes. I almost fell off my chair laughing from one of them. The lady next to me and I were still giggling after everyone else had died down (we couldn't help it!!) so he comes over to our side of the stage, looks at the two of us and says, "Are you enjoying yourselves??" That just made it worse!! I wonder who told him that Maritimers have a habit of calling everyone "Buddy" ....

Anyway, at one point he pointed to a little girl in the front row and asked how old she was. She said she was 6. He asked her her name and she said it this cute little voice, "Lorelei". Well, the house almost came down - and the expression on Dennis' face was priceless. He signed her single in the middle of the concert. What a cutie she was.

From the new CD, they played "This Time Next Year", but they also played one I hadn't heard, "Save Me". Loved it!

The lights were perfect.

Having said all of that, I really can't end this review without mentioning the fact that they had MAJOR technical problems throughout the show. It seemed to me that that there were problems with the sound mix and it looked like there were problems with the monitors. The two people mostly affected were Dennis and Tommy.

Otherwise, great rock show!

Now on to Quebec Friday and Saturday with the symphony!

Nice review.....Thanks Amanda.

"SAVE ME" is definitely a "toe-tapper". The band played this one at Monday's taping session and I really enjoyed it.

I'm still leaning towards "CROSSING THE RUBICON" as my favorite.

I'm a big fan of "STYX 1.0" Material, and this is as close as it gets (well, so far).

So glad you had a great time, Amanda! Thanks for the review and the photos.

The little I heard of "Save Me", on the video that was posted, it stayed right in my mind and that is the kind of song hits are made of! :biggrin:

So glad you had a great time, Amanda! Thanks for the review and the photos.

The little I heard of "Save Me", on the video that was posted, it stayed right in my mind and that is the kind of song hits are made of! :biggrin:

I was looking up at DDY as he was singing this song sighing and grinning like an idiot. I loved it!

I forgot to tell everyone that I put a few pics from the Halifax concert in my album in the Gallery. And yes, Kathy, there are pics of DDY himself. :-)

(Just a note, Suzanne and Katie were wearing the same clothes on Monday's show as they were in Halifax). I think just maybe they really are running out of clothes as Gatfan indicated!! :-)

I'm looking foward to seeing his show on June 30 in Lisle ! I heard pisces of "Save Me" & "This Time Next Year" from the video someone posted , I would like to hear full version of both songs . Thanks for the review ! Technical problem are always a challenge.......

Da Guy !

Technical problem are always a challenge.......

Da Guy !

Unfortunately, as far as the technical problems go, I think it was related to the hall staff itself. The Halifax show was the 6th DDY show I had seen, and it was the only one that had so many problems. All other 5 went without a hitch, with the exception of one minor glitch that I can remember with DDY's microphone in Montreal on March 30th.

To be honest, I'm frankly embarassed that our American visitors were so poorly served after they came all the way East to sing for us. Haligonians always want good acts to come and play but halls have to be better prepared to accommodate them with production. I'm thinking of writing the hall management and telling them what I thought of the poor service, asking them to please train their staff to a higher level and if I can get away with it, ask them to send a letter of apology to DDY's management. If you'll remember, I actually flew specifically from Montreal to Halifax just to be at this concert to cheer them on because they were kind enough to come all the way to Halifax.

I'm usually not someone who stirs up trouble or likes to spread negative vibes, but this is a matter of pride for my hometown for me and my hometown let them down.

All that being said, I can't wait for Tuesday to get my paws on that CD!

Unfortunately, as far as the technical problems go, I think it was related to the hall staff itself. The Halifax show was the 6th DDY show I had seen, and it was the only one that had so many problems. All other 5 went without a hitch, with the exception of one minor glitch that I can remember with DDY's microphone in Montreal on March 30th.

To be honest, I'm frankly embarassed that our American visitors were so poorly served after they came all the way East to sing for us. Haligonians always want good acts to come and play but halls have to be better prepared to accommodate them with production. I'm thinking of writing the hall management and telling them what I thought of the poor service, asking them to please train their staff to a higher level and if I can get away with it, ask them to send a letter of apology to DDY's management. If you'll remember, I actually flew specifically from Montreal to Halifax just to be at this concert to cheer them on because they were kind enough to come all the way to Halifax.

I'm usually not someone who stirs up trouble or likes to spread negative vibes, but this is a matter of pride for my hometown for me and my hometown let them down.

All that being said, I can't wait for Tuesday to get my paws on that CD!

hello there,

just a quick question; during the halifax show, did it seem to you that it was a full house ! As well, how did the crowd respond to the new songs ! thanks for the great reviews !!!!!!!!! i'm still thinking about going to the bourbon street show , just to see Glen !

hello there,

just a quick question; during the halifax show, did it seem to you that it was a full house ! As well, how did the crowd respond to the new songs ! thanks for the great reviews !!!!!!!!! i'm still thinking about going to the bourbon street show , just to see Glen !

Yep, when I looked around, I saw one empty seat. So let's say that person was sick and couldn't make it. Otherwise, it was a packed house.

I'll be at the Bourbon Street North show. Let me know if you're going and we can say hi! I'm curious as to what Glen does at a show as well.

All that being said, I can't wait for Tuesday to get my paws on that CD! (Mtlfan)

I did'nt take as negative , problems happen at live shows ......... But I get the just of what you saying has far as support , No foul ! I use to work with a local group and things happen sometimes .

I just a notice from Amazon.ca that the cd is being shipped ! Can't wait !

Da Guy !