DDY Talk

Millennium Park Concert? Did Anyone Go?

ladybugking

No one went to the Chicago concert?? Gosh I sure would like to hear about how the award was presented, etc.

His website didn't even acknowledge he was getting this award other than the concert announcement. Maybe they will put something on there later as this seemed to be a coveted honor for him.

No one went to the Chicago concert?? Gosh I sure would like to hear about how the award was presented, etc.

His website didn't even acknowledge he was getting this award other than the concert announcement. Maybe they will put something on there later as this seemed to be a coveted honor for him.

I don't think anyone on the board was able to go. I wasn't, Suite couldn't go and Robin couldn't go. Have you checked YouTube for any vids yet??

I was able to go...It was fantastic...

I'm kind of an airhead, that along with trying to keep track of my very excited 4 year old who was dancing in the aisles with my neice and nephew, I'll try to site a few high lights....

The award was given by a few, but most notably Rick Kogan who is a writer for one of the Chicago newspapers and also a long time DeYoung family friend..very nice intro to Dennis who's speech included Thanks to his kids CarrieAnn and Matthew, for first the sacrifices they made throughout their lives having to accompany him on the road, and also for their contributions to his career in their adult lives via Carrie with the pubicity and Matthew with the lighting that he contnues to do for him. Thanks also to Suzanne, noting their 40 year marraige and how he isn't "Him" without her (I'm not exactly quoting..doing my best)...he thanked his parents of whom are deceased, and also his sister Darcy. Said, "and this important" thanks to my former bandmates acknowledging their contributions together as a group and their successes which I thought showed a HUGE amount of class(as always)....also thanked his current line up band....talked of his love for the city of Chicago and why he still lives there quoting "Southbound Ryan"..People ask me why I still live in the city...seems half the population took a bus to Hollywood...etc....then started a fantastic set of music, old favorites and also 100 Years From Now and one other from the new CD. The venue was beautiful....I had never seen it before. They all sounded great, looked great...weather was perfect, it was a really great night.

I always knew Dennis had class. Not sure how....but I just did. Thanks Lisa Marie for illustrating it by your story.

I would have gone if I lived anywhere NEAR Chicago....which I don't. LOL

seemed like a good crowd...I was pretty close to the front and was focused on my little one not wandering too far, but looking back I saw a sea of people

Yea... if he cant draw in Chi-town it would be time to call it a career... Thanks for the review :)

I don't think anyone on the board was able to go. I wasn't, Suite couldn't go and Robin couldn't go. Have you checked YouTube for any vids yet??

I was thinking about going , But he was playing on a Sunday night and I have get up early on Monday mornings.

I was thinking about going , But he was playing on a Sunday night and I have get up early on Monday mornings.