DDY Talk

Your favorite place to eat , In your town

Chicago Guy

I tried the Ethiopian Restaurant "Mesob D'Or" last weekend.

Very enjoyable! The food was great and the experience was unique & entertaining.

No utensils & one center bowl per table....how could you resist trying!

We were a group of 8 (one center bowl per group of 4).

We placed our orders, and the fun began.

As the plates arrived at our table, the waiter started putting portions of each dish into the center bowl.

It was well done, nicely divided and well presented.

My girlfriend is a vegetarian. So once everything was put in the bowl (meat dishes & vegetarian dishes), we were all making sure that the meats didn't touch the veggies.

Pretty difficult to do when there are 4 hands reaching in the same bowl.

Then there were the run-offs/juices from the saucy meat dishes! They were slowly making their way to the veggies.

She put up a barrier of chick peas to block the meat run-offs from touching the veggies. It worked for a while.......long enough for her to get her fill!

There was one dish that had an egg & a chicken leg, covered by what looked like minced meat mush.

I have to say that as bad as it looked, it actually tasted great.

My girlfriend's husband ate the chicken leg. Once eaten, he had no place to put the bone, so back in the center bowl it went.

She gave him the look of death! Poor guy, he had nowhere else to put it except the floor, or hold it with the other hand until we all finished eating.

The meat dishes were heavily spiced. The vegetarian dishes were very light and refreshing!

The 7 of us who ate the spicy dishes noticed that our fingertips smelled for a couple of days.

We couldn't get that lingering spicy scent out. Tried everything, including rubbing lemons, but it was just too strong.

I strongly suggest that you try it.....

• Like 1