DDY Talk
mtlfan

Dennis in St. Jean de Richelieu, Quebec

OK, word on the, uh, "street" is that the crowd was 40,000? Could that possibly be true???

If so, well, wow and wow.

I agree with you, Amanda, about outdoor concerts. They are a whole different animal than a nice indoor concert venue. That is by far what I prefer and you feel much closer to the action that way. (Plus the sound is usually a zillion times better)

P.S. Hoping a few of those thousands bought the new CD! :biggrin:

I saw that post too. I spoke to Markir this morning and he agrees with me - there is no way there were 40,000 people at that concert. Maybe that many attended the *festival that week*, but not at the concert. Yes, the place was full, but not 40,000.

I spoke to Markir this morning and he agrees with me - there is no way there were 40,000 people at that concert. Maybe that many attended the *festival that week*, but not at the concert. Yes, the place was full, but not 40,000.

I thought that seemed an awful lot! I don't think the biggest acts in the world bring in those kinds of numbers unless they play a huge stadium.

Anyway, it is nice he had a big crowd. (Several thousand, I would imagine) And I STILL hope a lot of them bought the new CD! :P

I thought that seemed an awful lot! I don't think the biggest acts in the world bring in those kinds of numbers unless they play a huge stadium.

Anyway, it is nice he had a big crowd. (Several thousand, I would imagine) And I STILL hope a lot of them bought the new CD! :P

One thing I forgot to mention is that the lighting configuration was different too - probably because of the cameras. But, as usual, the lighting was perfect. Matt and his team came through once again!

The footage that was shown on the 2 screens will not be available to the general public.

Although I dont speak french, I did hear something along the line about photography at the beginning.

Video taping is not permitted at any DDY concert.

Holy Crow, what a show! What a crowd! My ears are still ringing from the audience screaming behind me.

What I'm going to do is start uploading my pics and then I'll come back to post my review. The pics actually help me remember all the little details.

One item of note; the show was being filmed by three cameras. It was neat to actually be able to see John's fingers fly across his keyboard via tv camera; someone in the audience can't his fingers because of the slant of the keyboard. More about the rumours on that later.

And yes, Eric LaPointe was there, so was Stephane Dufour and surprise, Glen Burtnik!

The footage that was shown on the 2 screens will not be available to the general public.

Although I dont speak french, I did hear something along the line about photography at the beginning.

I have also heard that the cameras at that concert were not for a DVD. Major bummer.

But what I'm wondering is will the footage be shown anywhere at all? If not, why have four cameras (the fourth was next to the sound booth)? Two would have sufficed for the screens.

At the beginning of the concert, if I remember correctly, the lady asked that we refrain from using the flash on our cameras and that video taping is not permitted.

Edited by mtlfan

I am curious as to where you heard that the footage was not for a DVD.

I have also heard that the cameras at that concert were not for a DVD. Major bummer.

Where did you hear that? I still think that there is a chance that it was for a live DVD since I had heard that DEP wants to release one that was recorded from Montreal. If the cameras were not there for a DVD then one could only hope that it means he will have to come here again so that they can record it. We will just have to wait and see. You never know right?

But what I'm wondering is will the footage be shown anywhere at all? If not, why have four cameras (the fourth was next to the sound booth)? Two would have sufficed for the screens.

I have to agree with you on this one. Why would they have one camera man that was all over the stage getting great shots. It really looked to me like it was being done for a DVD and not for the big screens they had.

At the beginning of the concert, if I remember correctly, the lady asked that we refrain from using the flash on our cameras and that video taping is not permitted.

You are right once again. That was exactlly what the lady was saying.

Ahhh. I shoulda known it was too good to be true. :(