DDY Talk
mtlfan

Dennis in St. Jean de Richelieu, Quebec

Yes, as soon as I get the chance I will upload and post the link here.

Well I am having trouble trying to upload the file. It's 300 megs and youtube has a limit of 100 megs. It's an avi file. Anyone know how I can shrink it as I would like to have to entire file stay as 1. It's Come Sail Away from Saturday nights show.

It sounds very possible that the show was recorded. Was there any notification for the concert attendees that there was going to be a recording, and that their image may be captured on video? I'm not sure about Canadian laws, but this is something that they are required to do in the States whenever the artist is recording the show.

Thanks Ron for your help with my video problem. I have now uploaded the video on youtube. Here is the link:

Enjoy!

And as to your question Ron if there was any notification that it was being filmed, the answer is no. DEP has done this before recording a live concert and releasing it pretty quickly. They had recorded the Roger Hodgson live concert from Place Des Arts here in Montreal and released it pretty quickly so I am keeping my fingers crossed that this will be the same thing.

Edited by markir

Thanks Ron for your help with my video problem. I have now uploaded the video on youtube. Here is the link:

Enjoy!

And as to your question Ron if there was any notification that it was being filmed, the answer is no. DEP has done this before recording a live concert and releasing it pretty quickly. They had recorded the Roger Hodgson live concert from Place Des Arts here in Montreal and released it pretty quickly so I am keeping my fingers crossed that this will be the same thing.

Great video! You can hear both of us singing and screaming LOL!

Great video! You can hear both of us singing and screaming LOL!

Well now you have gone and done it Amanda. Everyone here now knows it's us singing, or trying to sing.....I was hoping to pass it off as other fans in the crowd.LOL

Edited by markir

Hey, thanks, y'all! Nice vids and pictures.

If DEP does get this concert DVD out soon (and my guess is they will strike while the iron is hot), I hope it shows up on Amazon.ca. I had great luck with getting my DDY CD from them.

And I am sure dennisdeyoung.com will also have it available.

It will be cool to have a DDY concert DVD again!

hey amanda,

i'm happy to see that you enjoyed; i almost made it but--- if you would have called me, i would have been tempted ! that being said, how was the mood in the crowd ! how big was the crowd? ? since this is a fairly big festival, i'm imagining a bigger crowd than at the ste-adele show; how were the responses to the new songs? anyway, nice to hear you had a good time !!!

Hey Samy,

I should have called you, you're absolutely right! Maybe we could have shared babysitters! LOL!

The crowd was HUGE and they were very happy to be there. The response to the newer songs were more subdued than the others, only because less people knew them than the classics, but the applause was just as good! A few people looked at Markir and I as we were singing along to the new songs probably wondering why we knew all the words already.

Yes, had a very good time!

That being said, I never thought I'd say this, but I think I'm outdoor concerted out for this year. Saturday was my 9th show since March of last year (combination of inside and outside). If DDY comes to Place Des Arts before the end of the year, where you get an assigned seat and you don't have to stand for 8 hours to get a good spot, I'll definately go. But no more outdoor concerts for me this year. I'll actually take my 10 year old to PDA and continue with the brainwash ... er, music appreciation lessons!! LOL!

Well now you have gone and done it Amanda. Everyone here now knows it's us singing, or trying to sing.....I was hoping to pass it off as other fans in the crown.LOL

LOL! Sorry. :-(

Well, not really sorry. You can hear my boring soprano too you know!!! And how can you NOT sing along, it's impossible to resist!!

What a difference in the quality of videos between yours and mine. Definately time to upgrade my 'ol camera closer to your model!

Hey, thanks, y'all! Nice vids and pictures.

If DEP does get this concert DVD out soon (and my guess is they will strike while the iron is hot), I hope it shows up on Amazon.ca. I had great luck with getting my DDY CD from them.

And I am sure dennisdeyoung.com will also have it available.

It will be cool to have a DDY concert DVD again!

Especially when it's a concert that you yourself attended; it makes it special. Just like those on this board who were at the Chicago concert for the Symphonic CD.

OK, word on the, uh, "street" is that the crowd was 40,000? Could that possibly be true???

If so, well, wow and wow.

I agree with you, Amanda, about outdoor concerts. They are a whole different animal than a nice indoor concert venue. That is by far what I prefer and you feel much closer to the action that way. (Plus the sound is usually a zillion times better)

P.S. Hoping a few of those thousands bought the new CD! :biggrin: