DDY Talk
Sign in to follow this  
mtlfan

Dennis in Oshkosh July 26th

As soon as I have a few minutes, I'll post some comments about the show in Oshkosh last week. I just came back from Chicagoland on Sunday (I'll explain) and am up to my eyebrows in busy. I hope to have a few minutes later on this week.

Suffice it to say, the concert was WET!! As I said on another board, DDY fans apparently don't have enough sense to come in out of the rain and lightening. :-)

So on Thursday, July 26th, I drove up from Chicagoland to (this board's) Suite Madam Blue's home just outside of Milwaukee. After having a tea and water, we hopped into the car with two other fans and SMB drove the two hours to get us to Oshkosh. We got in about 2 hours before the start of Dennis' concert, so we made our way to the second row in front. We had to stand for the entire concert (no benches or chairs), but that was okay.

The concert as FABULOUS as usual! It was a blast with SMB and the others. At this concert, we had the treat of three guitarists, Tommy, Glen and the new fella (and what a hunk 'o man he is - yum - oh, and he's talented too!!) Jimmy Leahey. During the concert, Dennis quipped who would have known that he'd have a "James and Tommy" duo playing guitar with him again?? :-) Anyway, three guitars is a great sound! But I already knew that because of the three guitarists in Montreal last month. Anyway, they did the "guitar duel" thing again with Jimmy and Tommy and I could have watched them all night!

Anyway, when Dennis first came out at the beginning of the concert, he said that if the lightening decided to come closer, that they would suspend the concert until it passed and come back out. What happened in the end was that they went through the entire concert but shortened it by 3 songs. He cut out 100 Years from Now (I was disapointed because I wanted to hear the solo version), Best of Times, This Time Next Year and played a shorter version of Suite Madam Blue. Being the only probable Canadian in the bunch, I thought it my duty to scream the loudest during SMB. :-)

Everyone was in top shape, as usual. But someone must have put a wind up key into Glen and let 'er rip! He was all over the place. He got to sing "Edge of the Century" and gave us his trademark derrière shake.

Dennis' voice was spot on. Oh, and right after he finished "Save Me', this crack of lightening streaked across the sky, basically snagging everyone's attention for a second. Dennis quipped that this is what he gets for praying to be saved! :-)

The girls and I managed to stay relatively dry until the last two songs of the concert because the overhang of the stage protected us, but then the wind shifted and we got good and drenched. :-(

After the concert, SMB, myself and the other two girls were lucky enough to get in a pic with Dennis and Suzanne with our damp clothes just before they whisked away for Chicagoland. :-) We also got pics with John - he's such a sweetie. I kept apologizing for my damp shirt as he had his arm around my shoulders. He took it in good grace. His momma obviously taught him good manners. :-)

While I was at SMB's home, I got to talk to our Kathy (Ladybugking) over the phone! What a sweetie she is! Love the accent! (Now I'm one to talk, my accent's Canadian, eh?).

One thing I have to say, I already knew that the entire DDY bunch were a handsome lot, but it appears that there's plenty more of good looks in the midwest!! :-)

Oh, I'll put up the pics of the concert probably tomorrow in the gallery once I wrestle the computer away from my son. He's only 10 so I can still beat him at an arm wrestle. :-)

Got questions, just ask!!

Pics are up. I realized that the pics will list themselves backwards if you upload in order so this time, I uploaded backwards so the first pics shown are the beginning of the concert rather than the end.

Thanks for the review and pictures, Amanda! Now if we could just get Laurie to upload some pictures. Ehhhh....not a chance! :P

It was great talkin' to you. As Laurie says. I don't have an accent! YOU have an accent!

:[-(

Edited by ladybugking

Thanks for the review and pictures, Amanda! Now if we could just get Laurie to upload some pictures. Ehhhh....not a chance! :P

It was great talkin' to you. As Laurie says. I don't have an accent! YOU have an accent!

:[-(

AHAHAHAHHAHAHA!!! Yes it was absolutely great talking to you. How about we say we BOTH have an accent?? :-) The midwestern accent is cute too - I was almost talking it by the time I left!!!

Yeah, Laurie sure has one whirlwind life, she's one busy beaver! I'll be mailing my CD with pics to her tomorrow. She's got one pic of me with a wedge of cheese on my head, the wedge having been signed by Dennis. :-) So you can't say us Crazy Canucks don't have a sense of humour! Mine's a bit warped, granted, but it's there! :-)