DDY Talk

Long Island show review

Ron

First of all, I'll say that I had no problems getting into the show. I had brought along a copy of the page from their website that mentioned the concert, and that there was no restrictions listed. However, due to the rudeness of whoever answered the phone when I called, instead of patronizing some of the sponsors of the concert series while I was in town, or some of the other businesses in the community, they received zero dollars out of my pocket. I usually am not this way, but was quite PO'd concerning the way I was treated.

Anyway, on to the show: It was outdoors, with I would say about two thousand people in lawn chairs viewing the event. Glen was the second guitar, so they played Edge of the Century. The "normal" list of hits were also done during the two hour set. Two "surprises" to the set list were Save Me and One Hundred Years From Now--all in English. While for some classic artists any mention of "...and now something from our new album..." means it's time for a bathroom break, the only place people were going was up to the merch table to purchase the CD. They were quite busy during and after both songs were played.

At his first announcement break, Dennis welcomed everyone to "Live Earth--Oyster Bay" since all of the other concerts for that huge event were also going on, including Giant Stadium 50 miles away. His voice was slightly affected by being in an outdoor venue (humidity) and all of those pesky bugs that enjoy the bright stage lights. Also, it looked like Dennis had a cheat sheet on stage with the English lyrics for 100 Years... since he kept looking down while singing them. I'm sure with all of the performances he has done of that song in French, it would be easy to make a slip-up when you are not used to singing in two different languages, and constantly switching between them. It would have confused a lot of people if he slipped into the French lyrics by accident.

My daughter and I enjoyed the show, which was worth the 300 mile round trip to go see.

Ron

Ron. Thank you for the review! I was wondering if you got to go.

Something is going on with that CD. It went right back up onto the top 100 best sellers on Amazon Canada nearly all weekend.

I just hope he gets credit towards soundscan, or whatever Canada uses to tally for gold/platinum status, when he sells the CD's at his shows and on his website.

Someone else reported that at the Chicago area show the CD was doing a brisk business.

Very cool that everyone seemed to enjoy the new music!

Edited by ladybugking

Two "surprises" to the set list were Save Me and One Hundred Years From Now--all in English.

Ron

Lucky Dog you! I'm looking forward to hearing it all in English. :-)

Glad you got in with no problems and got to enjoy the show!

First of all, I'll say that I had no problems getting into the show. I had brought along a copy of the page from their website that mentioned the concert, and that there was no restrictions listed. However, due to the rudeness of whoever answered the phone when I called, instead of patronizing some of the sponsors of the concert series while I was in town, or some of the other businesses in the community, they received zero dollars out of my pocket. I usually am not this way, but was quite PO'd concerning the way I was treated.

Anyway, on to the show: It was outdoors, with I would say about two thousand people in lawn chairs viewing the event. Glen was the second guitar, so they played Edge of the Century. The "normal" list of hits were also done during the two hour set. Two "surprises" to the set list were Save Me and One Hundred Years From Now--all in English. While for some classic artists any mention of "...and now something from our new album..." means it's time for a bathroom break, the only place people were going was up to the merch table to purchase the CD. They were quite busy during and after both songs were played.

At his first announcement break, Dennis welcomed everyone to "Live Earth--Oyster Bay" since all of the other concerts for that huge event were also going on, including Giant Stadium 50 miles away. His voice was slightly affected by being in an outdoor venue (humidity) and all of those pesky bugs that enjoy the bright stage lights. Also, it looked like Dennis had a cheat sheet on stage with the English lyrics for 100 Years... since he kept looking down while singing them. I'm sure with all of the performances he has done of that song in French, it would be easy to make a slip-up when you are not used to singing in two different languages, and constantly switching between them. It would have confused a lot of people if he slipped into the French lyrics by accident.

My daughter and I enjoyed the show, which was worth the 300 mile round trip to go see.

Ron

Did Dennis mention the 30th anniversary of the release of The Grand Illusion album at the concert?

QUOTE(Tiresias @ Jul 11 2007, 07:09 PM) *

Did Dennis mention the 30th anniversary of the release of The Grand Illusion album at the concert?

No he did not.

Remember. He has crossed the Rubicon. ;)

Edited by ladybugking