DDY Talk
Tiresias

DDY's New CD?

I recently read a reply to a fan by Suzanne DeYoung on the official website where she mentions that Dennis is working feverishly on a new CD? Do any of you hardcore DDY fans out there have any clues as to the theme or content of the new CD and when we can expect to run out and buy it? I am hungry for some new DDY music. The "When I Hear A Christmas Song" single was great! It proves that he still has it!

I recently read a reply to a fan by Suzanne DeYoung on the official website where she mentions that Dennis is working feverishly on a new CD? Do any of you hardcore DDY fans out there have any clues as to the theme or content of the new CD and when we can expect to run out and buy it? I am hungry for some new DDY music. The "When I Hear A Christmas Song" single was great! It proves that he still has it!

Forgive me, I misqouted Suzanne; She said that he is "Diligently" working on the new CD.

"working on a new CD" unfortunately can have many meanings. Plus, given Dennis' desire to produce the highest-quality work possible, while acceptable to the ear, can produce a rather lenghly wait for the product. Dennis has joked that the CD will be released "before Christmas" but will not say which year ;)

Ron

"working on a new CD" unfortunately can have many meanings. Plus, given Dennis' desire to produce the highest-quality work possible, while acceptable to the ear, can produce a rather lenghly wait for the product. Dennis has joked that the CD will be released "before Christmas" but will not say which year ;)

Ron

I just viewed the latest "Crib by Suzanne" on DDY's official website and Suzanne replied to a fan's question regarding the release of the new CD:

Whenever I ask Dennis this very same questions he answers me, "it will be done when I'm finished." He's working on it as I respond to your e-mail. Hopefully it will be out around the first of the year. He has about 18 new songs so I don't think he'll know which songs he will record, until it's time to sequence his CD. However, he has always said about the albums he has recorded, "no matter how many songs we write, only the best songs will be put on the record!) I think 'When I Hear a Christmas song" should be in that category, don't you?

Suzanne

I saw Dennis recently and had a chance to ask for an autograph after the show. I asked him about his new CD because he'd mentioned it on stage and all he said is that all the songs are written but he hasn't recorded any of them yet.

Starfire