DDY Talk
bclark71

"Special Kilroy Show" ??

Does anyone know what this concert scheduled for this Friday is?  I mean, obviously it's a "Kilroy" show of some kind...But how far does it go?  Playing the album in its entirely?  Showing the film?  Dusting off the costumes?

The entry on Dennis's site reads:

"PRIVATE - DENNIS DEYOUNG AND THE MUSIC OF STYX - FEATURING SPECIAL KILROY SHOW"

Edited by bclark71

My guess is they are doing more songs off KWH then what they normally do. I doubt it's the album in it's entirity or a full blown stage show with costumes.

But it seems whom ever booked this show is a KWH fan. Interesting that DDY would do something like this.

Interesting that DDY would do something like this.

"Money talks"

Private/corporate gigs have their advantages. If someone says that they want to hire you and have you perform a specific show, if the price is right why not do it? I just wish I had the money to hire him in that fashion. I would want all deep cuts.

I doubt it is costumed. The original costumes were made of a material that decomposed quickly, so they no longer exist. Only the Roboto masks still do, and the mask master mold. The mask that Dennis uses currently during his shows is not original from 1983, but one made from the mold several years ago.

I really doubt that this kind of show would be carried over to a public performance. The greatest hits shows do well and Dennis seems to think that is what people want to hear.

"Money talks"

Private/corporate gigs have their advantages. If someone says that they want to hire you and have you perform a specific show, if the price is right why not do it? I just wish I had the money to hire him in that fashion. I would want all deep cuts.

I doubt it is costumed. The original costumes were made of a material that decomposed quickly, so they no longer exist. Only the Roboto masks still do, and the mask master mold. The mask that Dennis uses currently during his shows is not original from 1983, but one made from the mold several years ago.

I really doubt that this kind of show would be carried over to a public performance. The greatest hits shows do well and Dennis seems to think that is what people want to hear.

If I hit the lottery or become independently wealthy, I'll hire Dennis and company to do a Kilroy show and invite just us board members.  :)  And Ron, you pick the deep cuts.

Now I want to know the setlist from this Kilroy gig...

He can be booked either solo, with rock band, or with a symphony. Private shows are either solo or with the band.

Some symphony shows are already scheduled for early 2015