DDY Talk
Ron

new song added to set list

Apparently, Crystal Ball has been added to Dennis' set list

Out of all the tracks to add, im a bit disappointed by this. This, in my opinion is a really personal track to Tommy, and i wouldnt really want to hear August sing it. Although I would be interested to see how well August can pull this song off. Considering Tommy has been having trouble singing it as he gets older, its clearly not the easiest one to sing, its rather high.

But if Dennis wanted to add another track he doenst have to sing to get a bit of vocal rest, i would have rather seen Snowblind, or Lights, i LOVE that song. Or even man in the wilderness, but currently Styx keeps that one in their list pretty often.

Out of all the tracks to add, im a bit disappointed by this. This, in my opinion is a really personal track to Tommy, and i wouldnt really want to hear August sing it. Although I would be interested to see how well August can pull this song off. Considering Tommy has been having trouble singing it as he gets older, its clearly not the easiest one to sing, its rather high.

But if Dennis wanted to add another track he doenst have to sing to get a bit of vocal rest, i would have rather seen Snowblind, or Lights, i LOVE that song. Or even man in the wilderness, but currently Styx keeps that one in their list pretty often.

I can see your point and also make an observation about Styx playing Lady. I believe that this was the first song Dennis wrote about his wife. So the same thing could apply. Frankly for me hearing Gowan belt it out is like nails on a chalk board. The reality is that both bands are more then likely going to pull out something the is familiar then something that is not.

^

Your video didn't show up for me (I use Google Chrome), but found it on Youtube and I thought it was a very solid performance of it, and have been really hoping to hear this from Dennis' band at some point just to make a comparison to how the current Styx performs it and to be quite honest, this was better, I still perfer the original overall though.

I can see your point and also make an observation about Styx playing Lady. I believe that this was the first song Dennis wrote about his wife. So the same thing could apply. Frankly for me hearing Gowan belt it out is like nails on a chalk board. The reality is that both bands are more then likely going to pull out something the is familiar then something that is not.

I completely agree, i was going to mention that as well.

The video didnt show up for me either (Chrome) but i found it (im glad you looked because when i looked the other day it wasnt up yet) and August did a MUCH better job than i expected. I agree that it sounds just as good if not better than Styxs current version of it.

I think he did a very good job. I'm sure once they play it more it will get even better. CB has always been one of my favorites to hear live.

Edited by Boomchild