DDY Talk

Interview with Boston Music Spotlight

Ron

From the Interview:

BMS: What about a new musical?

DD: My last musical score was for “101 Dalmatians” only a few years ago. My plan is to continue to work on my first musical, “The Hunchback of Notre Dame”.

Really glad to see he still is working on hunchback... I really liked what he already had... it belongs on the stage ASAP...

I would really love to see it brought back to the stage

I do too. I never got the chance to see either production. I did watch the clips on YouTube from the Chicago performance, but that isn't the same. Speaking of those clips it seems to me that it was professionally recorded by someone. Sure wish it would be available to the public. I have wondered if one the reasons Dennis has had a hard time getting this musical noticed is the negative bleed over from music critics that were not fond of Styx?

• 4 weeks later...

I would really love to see it brought back to the stage

I so agree, Ron. My last anything DDY-related was seeing "Hunchback" in Chicago. It was a blast of a trip and, in addition, I got a nice visit with everyone, and with Charles Lofrano. He was such a sweet guy and I still miss him, even though our contact was limited.

The music in DDY's "Hunchback" is as good as ANYTHING ever to be on Broadway. I have never come off of that assessment and I have seen/heard a lot of it.

The music in DDY's "Hunchback" is as good as ANYTHING ever to be on Broadway. I have never come off of that assessment and I have seen/heard a lot of it.

I couldn't agree more. So the question is, what is it about Hunchback that has been keeping it from getting it noticed by Broadway?