DDY Talk
Ron

Tampa 2/25/12

Just a few things to add to the setlist.

Jimmy played Prelude12 before Suite Madame Blue.

State Street Sadie led into AD 1928 to start Rockin' the Paradise

AD 1958 trailed Best of Times.

Sat in the 3rd row on the piano side. From that close you can actually feel the music being played, especially with the orchestra. Dennis was in excellent form.

The article does an excellent job summing it up. The speculation of whether or not any TS songs would be on the set was answered. Just play them without the orchestra.

Only disappointment was my wife loves Castle Walls, especially with the orchestra, and its no longer on the setlist.

Discovered right before the show that my camera's battery was dead, so I didn't get any pictures. My wife took some with her cell phone. If they are any good I'll try and post.

Any questions...ask.

Thanks for sharing this! Makes me want to see Dennis and his band even more! Setting aside my concert $$$ now and just wishing for a major city date near Nashville, Memphis, Birmingham, or Atlanta. Anyone know any promoters who would be interested in working on this?

The only odd thing about the show, was that it felt rushed. Dennis was constantly looking at this watch. Even said during the show that it's different playing with an orchestra with all the requirements you have to follow. Don't know if it was related to that or not. Towards the end it seemed as if he was trying to move things along quicker.

After the show i even noticed that something was crossed off one of the setlists taped to the stage. Who knows???

They may have had a certain time limit for the hall (or possibly the orchestra), and going over that time results in major union overtime charges.

It's six o clock... good concert seats are everywhere...

Its time to sing, so lets go, not a moment to spare...

I hurry through my set... just stopping to see...

How much this orchestra.. is about to cost me...

I'm just a Band leader... being penny wise..

Broken strings... That I'll have to buy...

It's eight o clock, it quitting time, and they want thier pay

out in the wings I overheard a cellist say

"Hey we worked overtime, but look at this pay"

"My wallets emptiness, must end on this day"

"Dennis took the lions share, the big piece of th pie"

"There he goes! On his jet to flyyyyy...."

##.... You know the chorus .... :) ##

I am wondering if Dennis is currently performing anything from Hunchback on his orchestra shows. Anyone?

I am wondering if Dennis is currently performing anything from Hunchback on his orchestra shows. Anyone?

I am wondering this as well. My daughter love Hunchback. We will be going to the concert in Dallas in October.

Mark