DDY Talk
Sign in to follow this  
mtlfan

Place Des Arts, Montreal, April 8, 2011

Okay, pics and vids uploaded to my Facebook page. If anyone wants to see them and isn't a friend, just send a friend request. I'll approve you if you promise to behave, LOL!

Dennis' voice was 98% back. A couple of times he seemed out of breath but that could have been because he never stopped moving all night! The undertones and timbre we've gotten used to from Dennis were all there; I was so glad to see him feeling well after getting that flu from heck. His ol' corny jokes and bombastic arm movements leading the band were front and center and he gave it his all tonight. He was really looking good in a shirt and tie and jean jacket.

That would be a LEATHER jacket, not jean jacket. Sigh. Next time I'm going to write notes on paper before I got to bed and then write it out properly the next day when I'm awake! As a matter of fact, Dennis told the old joke that they had planned a longer concert but that Fonzie had called and wanted his jacket back. Can you tell Dennis was in Milwaukee recently? LOL!

Pics and vids are now up on the board! When I look at the pics, Dennis' shirt and tie look blue, when it was really purple. Like Dennis says, "How can we believe our eyes?!?"

I still miss Tommy's clear, crisp, studio-quality notes. August and Jimmy are better showmen, of course, but I still miss Tommy's sound ....

One more thing - if you take a good look at Jimmy with that whisper of a goatee and mustache, who is he beginning to look like to you? It's almost spooky.

Thanks for all the photos and videos you have posted for us, Amanda. Next best thing to being there, but I would rather see the live shows again.

The energy level of Dennis and this group has gone through the roof, it seems. I am sure that is one reason he made the change, in addition to finding someone who could handle the Shaw songs and give him a bit of a vocal break.

These guys have melded into a really tight, formidable rock band with perhaps one of the best lead vocalists ever out there in front.