DDY Talk
mtlfan

DDY in Sainte Perpetue, Quebec, 07/08/10

Thanks, Amanda.

I agree with you about the songs removed from the setlist, but this is the new reality and I think the casual fans are enjoying the added songs.

Yeah, I know. Bummer. DDY has to do a show for the not-so-casual fans who want to hear the more interesting stuff. Humph.

I can't believe nobody has fired a wisecrack about my fusspot comment above. You guys are sleeping on the job here!!! Or was it too easy?? :rolleyes:

DDY has to do a show for the not-so-casual fans who want to hear the more interesting stuff. Humph.

Oh how this would be great, but unfortunately would never happen, simply due to economics. First, the band would have to learn new songs, which costs time and money. Then to be able to book a show that would get enough people to pay for Dennis and the band, the venue, security, equipment, etc. There are probably three locations that would be able to sell enough seats in a small venue; but no promoter is going to risk losing money on a show that is "for die-hard fans only". Ticket costs would also have to be unrealistically high.

I like the hits, but the deeper tracks have more meaning for me. But I'm still happy hearing just the hits.

Oh how this would be great, but unfortunately would never happen, simply due to economics.

Yea... If I ever hit the lottery, this would be somthing in my top 10 things to try to get done...

Yea... If I ever hit the lottery, this would be somthing in my top 10 things to try to get done...

One of the things I've always said is that if I ever won the lottery, I would just fly to all of his concerts. There are only approx. 6 a month.

Oh, and get him back up here to Place Des Arts for one more symphonic show. While I'm on a good unrealistic roll, I'd send out the jet to pick y'all up to bring you here for the show. :-) What a party!

A.

Now that would be fun, Amanda! Count me in! :P

I am afraid maybe the orchestra show is a thing of the past? I hope not, but I wonder....

Now that would be fun, Amanda! Count me in! :P

I am afraid maybe the orchestra show is a thing of the past? I hope not, but I wonder....

I hope not either but I'm thinking that it probably is.