DDY Talk

6/26 Torrington, ct

Jayman

Its really all about the venue + the crowd makup + performance... current Styx gets alot of people and younger crowds based on the name... I'm betting that most who go to see Styx cant name the band members, they just know the brand... Those who go to see Dennis are more .... mature(notice how I avoided sayin that word... old)... fans... let me put it this way... I went to a concert in AC... front row... the folks around me ran the generation tree.. but would average im guessing high side of 55... I stood a few times... but for the most part I sat an enjoyed the music and clapped and vocally cheered rather than stand... And like you said.. if others arent standing I hate to stand alone for the same reason, you dont want the attention. And because I'm blocking someones view...

I dont think you offended anyone... you definately entitled to your opinion... theres a part of me that wishes it was like when I saw bands in the 70's and 80's... standing 80% of the time :)

No offense at all! I really think there are a lot of things that go into the show atmosphere. I seem to think a lot of Dennis' shows are "date nights" away from the kids. Couples get to relax and remember their younger days and simply "get away" for the night. The venue and type of show also matter: I remember seeing people in jackets and ties when I saw Dennis at the prestigious Kimmel Center for the Performing Arts in Philadelphia a few years ago (it was an orchestra show). I also saw people getting up and dancing for Renegade earlier this year (although I really think that some of those people were mighty sore the next morning)

No offense at all! I really think there are a lot of things that go into the show atmosphere. I seem to think a lot of Dennis' shows are "date nights" away from the kids. Couples get to relax and remember their younger days and simply "get away" for the night. The venue and type of show also matter: I remember seeing people in jackets and ties when I saw Dennis at the prestigious Kimmel Center for the Performing Arts in Philadelphia a few years ago (it was an orchestra show). I also saw people getting up and dancing for Renegade earlier this year (although I really think that some of those people were mighty sore the next morning)

I was at that Kimmel Center Show. It was excellent and I love that venue. The acoustics there is something else and Dennis nearly tore the roof off that place.