DDY Talk

Styx rerecording old songs

Ron

• 1 month later...
Lame :rolleyes:

lol yea... I was tired of re-release of old songs in the 90's... these guys never get enough of re-releasing old music... I wonder who holds the record for re-releasing old records... Stynx(sorry thats thier new name to me) certainly must be in the mix?...

Makes me sad that I have such negativity toward something that I loved so dearly in past years... I wish them all health and happiness but I'm just so damned angry at them...

I think Ron had made a baseball analogy somewhere on this vein... but I definately see it... it is like the love of a sports team... when they play bad or do stupid off the field things like causing issues in the clubhouse, or trading away your favorite player(Dennis!)... You get angry at them... you might not even go see them or even watch them on TV... but you always have a little place in your heart hopeing for them to be what they were when you loved them...

Ahhh silly sentimental me... 8-|

Edited by Rubulator2k

lol yea... I was tired of re-release of old songs in the 90's... these guys never get enough of re-releasing old music... I wonder who holds the record for re-releasing old records... Stynx(sorry thats thier new name to me) certainly must be in the mix?...

Makes me sad that I have such negativity toward something that I loved so dearly in past years... I wish them all health and happiness but I'm just so damned angry at them...

I think Ron had made a baseball analogy somewhere on this vein... but I definately see it... it is like the love of a sports team... when they play bad or do stupid off the field things like causing issues in the clubhouse, or trading away your favorite player(Dennis!)... You get angry at them... you might not even go see them or even watch them on TV... but you always have a little place in your heart hopeing for them to be what they were when you loved them...

Ahhh silly sentimental me... 8-|

I had a dream about Stynx recently. It was about how BAD they've become in Dennis's absence. It shows in their utter lack of creativity though....and I am as angry as you. Their collective arrogance saddens me, although I suspect the mastermind behind it all is not Tommy, but JY. JY has always struck me as an angry guy. Now I know why.

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="

name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

http://www.wewillrockyoublog.com/2010/05/1...or-new-release/

The silly thing about it is that these versions will really be no different from the originals. This is according to their current bass player in a recent interview. So, the question remains why even bother? It also baffles the mind when they state "You Know The Songs, But Not Like This". I guess it's just another marketing blunder. I know that music by what is considered as "has-beens" doesn't make money but I think it would be better for them to do nothing then something like this.

I am more and more thinking this is a self-released CD. You would think if a label were releasing an album, there would be mention of it on sites that sell music.

While I feel "100 Years" got crappy treatment here in the US with the Rounder release, it WAS on sites like Amazon for pre-order.

I am thinking this Regeneration/Regurgitation thing will be a show souvenir like a T-shirt or a program and you will be able to buy it from the website as well.

More grassy knoll theory here: When Touring Styx plays these summer concerts, "new" fans may be interested in purchasing an album. Sales of Styx' "Greatest Hits" always go up in the summer, if you look at Amazon rankings. We all know who is prominent on that particular collection of Styx classic hits. I wonder if this band (and its management) is hoping the audiences will buy this version of Styx music instead. Just a thought. (BTW, I do not think that will be the case.)

I do think it is to sell at concert venues and their website. Another way of re-writing STyx history without DDY in it. It probalby kills them to have DDY still make money off what they do. This is a way of eliminating some of that. It also minimizes someone buying a CD w/ DDY on it and liking those versions better.

I still can't believe "Sing for the Day" is on it. In my opinion it makes "Babe" sound like a rock song. Not exactly the image you think 2 "hard rockers" would want to portray.

I do think it is to sell at concert venues and their website. Another way of re-writing STyx history without DDY in it. It probalby kills them to have DDY still make money off what they do. This is a way of eliminating some of that. It also minimizes someone buying a CD w/ DDY on it and liking those versions better.

I still can't believe "Sing for the Day" is on it. In my opinion it makes "Babe" sound like a rock song. Not exactly the image you think 2 "hard rockers" would want to portray.

I think that if this was being released by a label, either the band or the label itself would have said something about it. I agree that this is another step to move away from the footprint of DDY in Styx. As far as the "hard rockers" thing, I think this issue has been overblown to cover up for other more personal reasons for the split. The other members didn't seem to have an issue taking their share of the profit from the business that DDY's "pop songs" created.