DDY Talk

A Dennis Fix!

mtlfan

GOD, could I use a rockband (I'll take symphony if there is one to be had) Dennis show right about now. I need a fix!!! I know he's gone to the dogs right now (pun intended) but I'm suffering from withdrawal symptoms over here!!! How about you guys??

Me three! It has been WAY too long for me. And I guess I missed the acoustic train. :(

My only consolation will be hearing new DDY music, at least, when Dalmatians comes to Austin.

Oops, I guess I should stop my complaining because I got to see the acoustic show in June - twice!

But - it's was just not the same as the rock show. The rock show, well, rocks!

Let us know what you thought of the Dalmatians show!

... just not the same as the rock show. The rock show, well, rocks!

I agree. The best show I ever saw of DDY's, bar none, was the Chicago HOB Lost Treasures. It rocked that whole town.

I have seen some terrific orchestra shows, but I just loved every minute of that LT show and the great songs they performed a few of which have, sadly, been dropped from his sets.

Bugsy

Hopefully the Lost Treasures shows can make a return sometime, even though there are a limited number of markets that they can be successful in (by that I mean "profitable for the promoter/booker"). Chicago, New York/Philly/Allentown, Quebec to name three. Love hearing those deeper cuts.

Missed the Chicago HOB show because 2 weeks later the same show was to be played in NYC, but the one song I wanted to hear was cut from the set list!. And yes I would have made the trip to Chicago just to hear that one song.

Hopefully the Lost Treasures shows can make a return sometime, even though there are a limited number of markets that they can be successful in (by that I mean "profitable for the promoter/booker"). Chicago, New York/Philly/Allentown, Quebec to name three. Love hearing those deeper cuts.

Missed the Chicago HOB show because 2 weeks later the same show was to be played in NYC, but the one song I wanted to hear was cut from the set list!. And yes I would have made the trip to Chicago just to hear that one song.

My two faves of the night were "Borrowed Time Shuffle" and "Best Thing." "Best Thing" just blew me away. I hate that he has dropped it because it is one that really rocks and doesn't take up too much time in the set.

I agree, Ron, that there is not a lot of demand for this type of show from him lately. The folks want the hits they know. Just ask his former band. ;)

GOD, could I use a rockband (I'll take symphony if there is one to be had) Dennis show right about now. I need a fix!!! I know he's gone to the dogs right now (pun intended) but I'm suffering from withdrawal symptoms over here!!! How about you guys??

Well if you have $80-150 per person, you can see, or actually meet Dennis on the 24th of this month. He will be performing a 1 hour show at the Kids fighting cancer benefit. I am waiting for my tickets to arrive. I splurged and got the $150 VIP tickets, so I get to meet the man again!

I might make the Oct. 24th show...I have some unused airfare, from what I heard SNOW is heading to Chicago this or next weekend! He is also going to be in California the beginning part of November. I am undecided which show(s) I am going to...

Edited by Wasaabi