DDY Talk

My ideal Dennis Set List

Pamela

Since we are talking set lists of late....

If I got to have my ideal Dennis set list?? We're talkin' fantasy set list folks! Poor Dennis would be beat at the end of it!!!

Here goes:

Lady

Evil Eyes

Golden Lark

Grove of Eglantine

Mother Nature's Matinee

A Song for Suzanne (I love this song. it's my favorite of the songs he's written for her)

Best Thing

Unfinished Song

Light Up

Lorelei

Mother Dear (he co-wrote and sang also on this one)

Suite Madame Blue

Born for Adventure

Lonely Child ( I love this song.....I don't care if it's received more criticism than his other ballads)

Ballerina

This Old Man

The Grand Illusion

Come Sail Away

Castle Walls

Superstars (love his soliloquoy)

Queen of Spades

Pieces of Eight

Lords of the Ring

I'm OK

The Message (this dude is an awesome synthesizer player)

Why Me

The Best of Times

Lonely People

Rockin' the Paradise

Nothing Ever Goes as Planned

Mr Roboto

This Time Next Year

Crossing the Rubicon

Save Me

Breathe Again

Forgiveness

100 Years from Now

I Believe in You

Turn off CNN

**whew** what a list. The poor guy would be soooooo worn out.

So everyone....what are YOUR fantasy set lists??? I just gotta know

I would have to work up my fantasy list, so will add it later.

I wanted to say I was happy to see a fellow "Mother Dear" fan. That is one of my very favorites off of Equinox. Often ignored, it has amazing keyboard work and the harmonies are really special with Dennis and John C.

Fun game. Mine will be shorter, with less emphasis on Wooden Nickel stuff.

Lady

Earl of Roseland

Light Up

Lorelei

Suite Madame Blue

Grand Illusion

Come Sail Away

Castle Walls

Queen of Spades

Babe

Borrowed Time

Rockin' the Paradise

Best of Times

Mr. Roboto

Desert Moon

Don't Wait for Heroes

Black Wall

Southbound Ryan

Beneath the Moon

Show me the Way

Goodbye to Roseland

When I Hear a Christmas Song

100 Years from Now

Rain

I Believe in You

Couldn't sing 'em in that order, obviously.

OK. Here goes. I have removed most of what he normally sings as this is MY fantasy list. :P

It clocks in at roughly 80 minutes, so maybe something else could go in there.

I would love a mix of acoustic and some electric and there is need for some good harmonies here.

Not necessarily in exact order, but close.

This Time Next Year (opening number)

Don’t Wait for Heroes

Beneath the Moon

Unanswered Prayers

Save Me

Desert Moon

Pieces of Eight (original piano solo)

Castle Walls

Esmerelda

Paradise

This Old Man

Harry’s Hands

Lonely People

Borrowed Time Shuffle

Queen of Spades

Born for Adventure

Breathe Again

I Believe in You

I’m OK

This is the Time

Encore: Show Me the Way

Edited by ladybugking

Pieces of Eight (original piano solo)

Thanks to the addition of 'Hall of the Mountain King' I can no longer listen to the original. When I listen to the POE CD I usually and up listening to this twice: One time the original, and then I listen to a bootleg copy of a symphony show. It's very poor quality, and I wish I could buy a good copy of the 'new version'.

Thanks to the addition of 'Hall of the Mountain King' I can no longer listen to the original. When I listen to the POE CD I usually and up listening to this twice: One time the original, and then I listen to a bootleg copy of a symphony show. It's very poor quality, and I wish I could buy a good copy of the 'new version'.

Now see, I'm with Kathy here. I like the new version with the inclusion of Mountain King, but it to me is one of the few symphonic songs that doesn't blend as well. I prefer the more simplistic original version.

As for set lists and wishes...way too hard for me to make a list, and I'm content enough just to hear him sing whatever he wishes. I figure he's earned the right. But, I am enjoying your lists.

Liz

Now see, I'm with Kathy here. I like the new version with the inclusion of Mountain King, but it to me is one of the few symphonic songs that doesn't blend as well. I prefer the more simplistic original version.

As for set lists and wishes...way too hard for me to make a list, and I'm content enough just to hear him sing whatever he wishes. I figure he's earned the right. But, I am enjoying your lists.

Liz

Oh gosh. The original POE is the one I love the best. I love the way the piano is interwoven with the guitars. The counter rhythms. I have always felt this was one of Dennis' masterpieces of songwriting, start to finish, with amazing music and his usual flair for perfect lyrics. It is one of my all-time favorite Styx songs.

Oh gosh. The original POE is the one I love the best. I love the way the piano is interwoven with the guitars. The counter rhythms. I have always felt this was one of Dennis' masterpieces of songwriting, start to finish, with amazing music and his usual flair for perfect lyrics. It is one of my all-time favorite Styx songs.

I LOVE the piano solo in the original POE also!!! He had changed it to something else when I saw the concert back in 2005. I would love to see his original done in concert, though