DDY Talk

DDY May 9th

mtlfan

Well Ron??? Tell us about the concert last night! I know you were there, young man!!! Did you take any pics? Well?????

Who me?

I was waiting for wishiwas to post his review, since I met him last night (briefly).

The new songs are sounding better at each show. Last night included "100 Years", "Rain", and "This Time Next Year". Judging from the people around me getting up for "bathroom breaks" there wasn't any kind of mass exodus during the new songs, and they seemed to enjoy them.

I enjoy the addition of the Tommy/Jimmy guitar solos at the end of "Rockin' the Paradise". Matt's lighting was outstanding-

Dennis: I want to ask a question, answer by applause. Matt keep the lights down. (house lights come up). Someone has a sense of humor like his Father.

Also, the beginning of "Castle Walls" was lit really good-Matt used some red back lighting, and Dennis looked like he was straight out of a Vincent Price movie. Really cool.

They have a drum head that has the painting from the CD cover on it, that looks really good onstage.

The last two weeks for me personally have been very rough. Seeing the show was very enjoyable and helped me get out of a funk.

Yea the show was great... I took my mom and sis for mothers day... we were in the front row just slightly to the right of his Yamaha synth...

I'm terrible with set lists. But heres what i recall...

Opened with GI(with a synth lead in of Lord of the ring), Lady, Rain, Lorelei, 100 years, Castle Walls(one of my all time fav's), This time next year(my fav off the new CD), Don't let it end, Tommy Dziallo doing Prelude 12 into Suite Madame Blue (which he said they dont usually do in the states), Light up, Babe, Best of times, CSA(encore)

If I missed any please fill in...

It was the closest Ive ever been for a concert, to be able to see expressions on thier faces and hear some of the banter off mic was fun and added to the experience. When he first came out on GI the light hit him right in the eyes and he almost tripped on the monitor... He was cracking up to Suzanne who did Backup Vocals along with Kate Milan. They were both goergeous :)...

They were also joking about the mist that was being blown out to cool the stage area... it was pretty heavy like Fog early on and Dennis was joking with the band with a front stroke swimming motion. Dennis and Tommy D. got thier cords all tangled up and took about 2 minutes to untagle them to which Dennis commented "look they made babies" He made quite as few wise cracks though the night... Most of them i've heard him do before. He commented after one to the band.. "thats a new one isnt it?" lol

He told the audience what basically was a wardrobe malfuction, that his sleeves were over starched on his button down shirt and when her was doing synth on one of the early numbers he couldnt reach the keys correctly... he overcame, but deferred to John Blaucucci on keyboard for Babe, and I imagin other parts he usually does.

The band was comprised of:

Dennis

Suzanne DeYoung

Kate Milan

Tommy Dziallo

Hank Horton

Jimmy Leahey

John Blaucucci

Tom Sharpe?

I agree totally with Ron the guitar solos were great, and they sounded extremely tight in general... just knock your (white)sox off good!!

What else can I say... Dennis sounded great as always, and seemed to be having a great time as did the rest... The crowd was great although as I mentioned to my mother, "this aint noth'n what it was like back in the 70's" :) But haven't we all mellowed just a tad. As Ron said the crowd responded well to the 3 new tracks... Not bad for a 62yo eh...

Peace,

Rubulator2k (aka) Doug

Edited by Rubulator2k

Kyle Woodring was on drums, although if you're used to seeing Kyle he looked quite different in really short hair, required for "Jersey Boys"